sábado, 2 de noviembre de 2013

Freezing Films!

Last week Raquel taught us a new activity related to films that, when we become teachers, we can use it with our students.

In my opinión, this is a very good resource to motivate children, and to make more dynamical and participative the classess.

It could be called "Freeing Scenes" or "Freezing Films". It consisted on by groups, we had to freeze a specific scene of a popular film; (for example, Disney' films), and then, we had to representate it to the rfest of the class, and they had to guess what film was, and also explain what was happening in each scene.
I think it is a good way to make the students participate in the class with topics they find attractive and familiar; ans also with it, children practice the speaking.

On the other hand, with this activity, the teacher can ask for an alternative ending, so children are also increasing their imagination.

It was a very funny class, and I'm sure I will do this with my students when I become a teacher =)

3 comentarios:

  1. Hello Sandra!

    Thanks for writing a post for this activity! It was really fun! I think it is a great idea for children to lose the shame and to communicate in English using varied vocabulary so I'm completely agree with you.

    Also I think it is a good way to encourage their love for the cinema. Maybe they do not know some of the films that the teacher includes in this activity and it motivates them to watch it.

    Moreover, with this activity students can develop their imagination changing the dialogues and also they practice their ability to work in group choosing the characters for example.
    They are having fun while working oral expression and interact with their partners.

    Very good Sandra! =)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Sandra, I also liked and enjoyed this class.
    I totally agree with you, this way of working is very useful because as they practise their oral skills while they are having fun. Also I think that you can link these activity not only with films but also with books and is a way to introduce children into theatre maybe.
    I like your idea of working with final endings, I think that you improve also their creativity which is a very important part that children have to develop (in my opinion)
    kissessssssssss! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Sandra,
    I agree with you because this kind of activities promote children to work in groups when carrying out a freezing scene beause they have to do it together in order to make it possible.
    In addition, freezing films let children to choose a scene they want to represent and it involves their creativity and imagination when thinking and representing.
    Finally, I also agree with the idea of final endings because they not only create a new story but they have the choice of finishing the story in a different way. In my opinion it is a great task to do with children because it lets them to think, create and share their ideas.
    See you m8 =)

    ResponderEliminar